Access and read these resources before we read tonight’s selections. Complete the graphic organizer I have provided you with the 5 most important facts about each article you learned from your reading of all four articles in YOUR OWN words.
- “Swing Low, Sweet Chariot” Article
- GVRL Article on Spirituals
- Reading Notes: “Follow the Drinking Gourd” and http://quest.nasa.gov/ltc/special/mlk/gourd2.html .
- Reading Notes: “Go Down, Moses“
For more info, I recommend this website; click on the links on the left sidebar:
Now I recommend you listen to these songs as you read the verses in your textbook.
- Listen to “Swing Low, Sweet Chariot” at http://www.rhapsody.com/fiskjubileesingers
- Listen to “Go Down, Moses” at http://www.rhapsody.com/album/tuskegeeinstitutesingers19141927?artistId=art.11290039; you may also enjoy this more modern version.
- To hear yet one more version of each song, try this link.
- Listen to these two songs and “Follow the Drinking Gourd” at this link.