Consider these questions:
- What was your first reaction to our reading? Explain.
- What events, attitudes, or plot developments stood out to you in the first three chapters? Why?
- What was most surprising to you in tonight’s reading? Why?
- Look back at each chapter. What do you think was the most important thing that happened in EACH chapter? Why?
- In your opinion, what was the most interesting expression or quote? (give the quote and page number) Why?
- Who is the most vivid character to you so far? Why? Describe that character and explain why he/she is so memorable to you at this point in the novella.
- How did tonight’s reading make you feel? Why?
- What do you predict will happen next?
Please organize your responses to these questions in at least two paragraphs. Think deeply and thoughtfully!