Consider the text of “An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge” that we read last night as well as the video version. Please respond to the following questions below in a paragraph of 10-12 complete sentences.
- What was your reaction to the short story? Why?
- Which did you enjoy better: the text of the story or the video version? Why?
- Why do you think Bierce entitled this story “An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge”?
- What did you think of Bierce’s use of flashback in the story? Was it effective? Why or why not?
- If Bierce would alive today and writing this story in a modern/contemporary setting, what event do you think he might choose as his subject matter? Why?