You have three options for listening….see me if you need help for choosing the selection best for you. I have brought extra headphones tonight so that you can listen on the computer station.
Responding to “An Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge”, November 13, 2007 November 13, 2007
Consider the text of “An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge” that we read last night as well as the video version. Please respond to the following questions below in a paragraph of 10-12 complete sentences.
- What was your reaction to the short story? Why?
- Which did you enjoy better: the text of the story or the video version? Why?
- Why do you think Bierce entitled this story “An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge”?
- What did you think of Bierce’s use of flashback in the story? Was it effective? Why or why not?
- If Bierce would alive today and writing this story in a modern/contemporary setting, what event do you think he might choose as his subject matter? Why?